SHRIMP W/PASTA IN TOMATO BASIL CREAM
I’ve seen this recipe many places so not sure how it began. Of course, I rarely follow a recipe exactly…no fun in that!!
Shrimp in Tomato Basil Cream – sooo good! 🤤
- 3 Cups uncooked pasta – I used the cavatappi because I had it on hand
- 1 Pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth, or more depending on sauce thickness preference
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil (came from my garden) or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup heavy cream – I used more – the pasta absorbs so much
- ½ cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil--drained. Produce area of my local grocery store
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 3-4 cups spinach – chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet (I cover mine with foil beforehand – makes for easier cleanup).
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
Place shrimp onto prepared backing sheet. Drizzle olive oil over top and salt & pepper to taste.
Place in over and roast just until pink. About 6 – 8 minutes.
Tomato Basil Cream Sauce
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add garlic and cook, stirring frequently – about 1 -2 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook until lightly browned – about 1 minute.
Slowly whisk in the broth and chopped basil – whisking constantly, until incorporated – about 1-2 minutes. ADD the heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan. If the sauce is too thick add more heavy cream or broth as needed. Stir in spinach. Stir in pasta and shrimp and gently toss to combine.
Season to taste. DH added ‘Slap Ya Mama’ seasoning to his – while I added a few red pepper flakes on mine – our level of heat tolerances is very different😜
Eye Pillows Huggy Pillows Neck and Shoulder Pillows Sinus Pillows